JT Mega is seeking a Director of Research and Insights to provide relevant consumer, category, industry and market insights in order to guide the development of marketing and creative strategies. The person in this role will discover transformative insights that inspire creative teams and enable JT Mega to develop unique solutions. They will also develop learning agendas to address key business issues and initiatives that inform overall marketing strategies. And they will convey the data and research findings in compelling and engaging ways, while serving as a trusted strategic advisor to account services, creative, and digital during brief development, strategy workshops, communications planning and new business efforts.
Who we are
JT Mega Food Advertising is a rapidly growing agency that specializes in the food and beverage category, with a client roster that includes Fortune 500 companies as well as emerging brands. We apply our deep experience, market insights and strategic planning expertise to develop integrated programs and big ideas that ensure our clients consistently win in the marketplace.
- Demonstrate holistic thinking, strategic agility and leadership within all levels of the agency.
- Execute primary and secondary research for client projects and related agency needs.
- Collect, analyze and synthesize learnings into actionable insights for internal and external audiences.
- Communicate insights and implications in a clear and concise manner, both through written and verbal communication.
- Effectively manage research and insights budget to proactively address both immediate and forward-looking strategic needs.
- Build trust and establish rapport with third party partners.
- Support staff development on research and insights best practices.
- Partner with account services to develop briefs by taking research, information and insights and distilling them down into a singular strategic idea for creative teams to operate from.
- For select clients, partner with holistic teams in development of long-term brand strategy and evolution, yearly communications and campaign planning and engagement strategies to accomplish communications objectives.
- Develop opportunities for proactive brand and communication strategy and trend presentations and workshops.
- Work with holistic teams in new business development and assist in pitching new business opportunities.
- Develop and write monthly articles for Thought For Food blog.
- Bachelor's degree
- 7+ years agency, research and insights, strategic planning or related experience
- Current proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Experience in food industry preferred
- Passion for creativity, culture and understanding how people think and interact, brands and problem solving
- Dynamic and effective presentation skills
Submit Resume & Cover Letter No calls, please.
Position is located in Minneapolis.