The Staff Accountant is responsible for managing all tasks related to payroll and accounts payable. In addition, this role provides support to the accounting team and with special projects.
Who We Are
JT Mega Food Advertising is a rapidly growing agency that specializes in the food and beverage category, with a client roster that includes Fortune 500 companies as well as emerging brands. We apply our deep experience, market insights and strategic planning expertise to develop integrated programs and big ideas that ensure our clients consistently win in the marketplace.
- Manage all accounts payable tasks including onboarding new vendors, entering vendor invoices, processing weekly vendor payments, year-end 1099 reporting and other miscellaneous tasks.
- Generate monthly reports, review general ledger for accuracy and complete journal entries.
- Review and process expense reports submitted through our third-party expense reporting solution.
- Monitor all credit card activity, collect missing receipts, and post transactions through our third-party credit card solution.
- Complete monthly account reconciliations for bank accounts and credit card statements.
- Prepare semi-monthly payroll and manage all related tasks such as new employee onboarding and year-end reporting.
- Review incoming expenses for sales and use tax accruals, reconcile monthly accruals, and submit filing and payment to MN Department of Revenue.
- Maintain third-party electronic payables and expense reporting solution by acting as the liaison for internal inquiries and with our third-party solution representative.
- Maintain paper and electronic records for both accounts payable and payroll, including year-end archiving activities.
- Assist in matching incoming media invoices to open insertion orders.
- Manage timesheet reminders and tracking.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Associate degree in accounting and/or equivalent related experience and training.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years general accounting experience.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years payroll experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Strong computer aptitude, with proficiency in Excel.
- ADP payroll experience is preferred.
- Experience working in an advertising agency is preferred, but not required.