A Minneapolis Advertising Agency specializing in the food and beverage category is looking for a self-motivated individual with a head for business and an unrelenting curiosity and dedication to the consumer. If you’re the kind of person who considers the “what, why and how” an absolute obsession and you can demonstrate it through your career path, then we should talk.
You should know that this internship isn’t only about what you can bring to the table. We are equally dedicated to teaching you something of value. During your time with us, you will learn how a marketing-oriented organization works, where Strategy & Insights fits in, and gain hands-on exposure to the upfront work of Discovery, Ideation and Validation. Our goal is to have you meaningfully touch (and shadow) strategy and innovation, brand positioning, promotional campaign positioning, consumer profiling and to help inspire our teams in campaign execution. We promise practical, creative, and critical-thinking skills development along with the typical, intern grunt work.
The qualified intern is responsible for providing support to the VP, Strategy & Insights. Responsibilities include:
- Administrative tasks (daily trend organization and other duties, as needed)
- Qualitative research support – assistance with preparation for focus-groups, in-depth interviews, and other studies, as well as shadowing and assistance during live engagements
- Quantitative research support – assistance with preparation for online surveys and back-end analysis
- Secondary research support – assistance with pulling trends and competitive information from private and public sources and creating PowerPoint slides
- Monthly blog support, as needed (topical research)
- Presentation support, as needed
VP, Strategy & Insights
PRIMARY QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- 4-year university graduate (B.A., B.S., or post-grad) OR undergraduate student, with a demonstrated pursuit of strategy and/or consumer behavior preferred. If you have or are pursuing a degree in Marketing with a Market Research emphasis, Business with an Entrepreneurial emphasis, Consumer Psychology, or Social Anthropology, you are encouraged to apply. Consideration will also be given to candidates in analogous ‘communication fields’, e.g., Journalism or Public Relations.
- Proven, relevant coursework (completed or planned/registered for)
- Proven, relevant activity in the field, via clubs, committees, organizations, volunteer work, research programs, internships, or part-time jobs.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word), Google Drive (Docs, Slides, Sheets). Experience with Microsoft Excel preferred, not essential, but willingness to learn is.
POSITION TIME PERIOD
12 – 15 weeks, 20 – 40 hours per week, based on candidate flexibility and business need. Internship projected to begin around September 1.
Hourly, $15 – $23 per hour based on qualifications
Please submit a resume, including a section on proven, relevant coursework for this position and a SHORT essay. You have up to 150 words to help us get to know you. Take a risk.
Who We Are
JT Mega Food Advertising is a rapidly growing agency that specializes in the food and beverage category, with a client roster that includes Fortune 500 companies as well as emerging brands. We apply our deep experience, market insights and strategic planning expertise to develop integrated programs and big ideas that ensure our clients consistently win in the marketplace.